Pan-fried & raw asparagus with goat's curd & beetroot
Let the fresh English asparagus shine in this simple spring dish. The combination of contrasting tastes and textures gives added depth, serve with a bowl of wild rice or homemade bread
Put the roasted asparagus on the plate, then add dollops of the curd. Drain the raw asparagus, then layer it over the curd with the slices of cooked beetroot. Stir the dressing and drizzle...
- Yield: Serves 2
- Cooking time: 5 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- bunch asparagus Asparagus a-spa-ra-gusLabour-intensive to grow, asparagus are the young shoots of a cultivated lily plant. They're… (about 10 spears), washed
- 100g cooked beetroot Beetroot beat-rootA favourite in 1970's British salads (served cooked and pickled in vinegar), beetroot is a…
- 150g goat's curd (or use goat's cheese, ricotta or cottage cheese)
- baby salad leaves, to decorate (optional)
- 70ml grapeseed oil, plus 2 tsp extra for grilling the asparagus (alternative oils can be used but may affect the flavour)
- zest ¼ orange Orange or-ange One of the best-known citrus fruits, oranges aren't necessarily orange - some varieties are… , plus 30ml juice
- 20g pine nuts, lightly toasted
Related recipes like Pan-fried & raw asparagus with goat's curd & beetroot
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Grilled Vegetable Salad recipe from Food Network Kitchen...
Subscribe to Food Network Magazine and get a FREE gift! ... Left over steamed green beans, slices of carrots, fennel, asparagus whatever suits your ... I also added toasted pine nuts and marinated some sliced pork & chicken in the ...
This mood-boosting tea is delicious hot or iced. And fresh lavender and mint from the garden make it...
Boat Cruisin' Punch. 3. Green Pea Poulourie Recipe Indian spiced, vegetarian green pea balls are deep fried. Green Pea Poulourie. 13. Peach and Lavender ...