Make fresh, French bread at home with this simple recipe - an overnight starter called a poolish gives a golden crust and chewy middle.
With a very sharp craft knife or blade, slash the loaves diagonally 5 or 6 times, cutting 1-2cm in. Bake one tray at a time, adding 100ml water to the hot roasting tin and closing the oven...
- Yield: Makes 3 40cm baguettes
- Cooking time: 20 Min
- Rating: 3/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 200g strong white bread flour
- ½ tsp easy-bake yeast Yeast yee-stYeast is a living, single-cell organism. As the yeast grows, it converts its food (in the form… from a 7g sachet
- 200g plain white flour
- 250g strong white flour, plus extra for dusting and kneading
- the rest of the yeast Yeast yee-stYeast is a living, single-cell organism. As the yeast grows, it converts its food (in the form… from the 7g sachet
- 1½ tsp fine salt
- a little semolina Semolina sem-oh-leen-ahSemolina flour is pale-yellow in colour, high in gluten and used for traditionally made pasta,… , or more flour, for dusting