Authentic Puerto Rican Sofrito
This authentic Puerto Rican Sofrito is a versatile condiment loaded with peppers, garlic, and fresh herbs you can use to flavor many dishes.
Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut green bell pepper and red bell pepper in half from top to bottom;...
- Yield: 64
- Cooking time: 5 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 10 sweet chile peppers (ajicitos dulces), seeded
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded
- 25 cloves garlic, peeled and trimmed
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro, ends trimmed
- 2 bunches culantro
- 1/4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives
- 5 large leaves Caribbean wild oregano (oregano brujo)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup olive oil, or more as needed
- 1/4 cup water
Related recipes like Authentic Puerto Rican Sofrito
Real New York-style pizza crust is chewy, thin, a little flexible, and dotted with bubbles and charr...
Perfectly pourable & wonderfully crisp! Incredibly Delicious Italian Cream Cake. This authentic Italian cream cake is rich and coconutty. Chef John's Rustic Italian ...
Situated in the heart of Greenwich Village, Caffe Dante aims for authentic Italian espresso and past...
Situated in the heart of Greenwich Village, Caffe Dante aims for authentic Italian espresso and ... 79 81 Macdougal St., New York, NY 10012 | Get Directions
This is a chunky soup with potato, green chilies, and chopped onions in a chicken broth flavored wit...
This is a chunky soup with potato, green chilies, and chopped onions in a chicken ... See how to make an authentic Mexican pork stew in green tomatillo salsa.