New Orleans-Style Calas (Rice Beignets)
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow New Orleans-Style Calas (Rice Beignets) recipe from Emeril Live
Directions For best results, begin preparing this dish the night before.Place the water, sugar and yeast in a medium non-reactive bowl and allow to stand until foam sets, about 10 minutes....
- Yield: 16 calas, 4 to 6 servings
- Cooking time: 0 Hour 15 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, for serving
Related recipes like New Orleans-Style Calas (Rice Beignets)
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow (Web Exclusive) Round 2 Recipe: Black Bean Enchiladas recipe from ...
I used Tyler Florence's "Black Beans in a Pressure Cooker" (from FN to make black beans & rice & had a lot of leftovers. It is OHMYGOD delicious.
Crispy rice treats were never like this! There's a layer of fudge brownie, a layer of marshmallow cr...
Crispy rice treats were never like this! ... Chocolate chip cookies that are the best of both cookie worlds, crispy and ... Funfetti(R) Cake Batter Rice Krispies.