Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage
European immigrants brought their favorite stuffed cabbage recipes to the New World in the late 19th century. This is one of my favorites.—Katherine Stefanovich, Desert Hot Springs, California
Directions Remove core from head of cabbage. Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; boil until outer leaves loosen from head. Lift out cabbage; remove softened leaves....
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Cooking time: 120 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 1 medium head cabbage
- 1 can (28 ounces) sauerkraut, divided
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup long grain rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
Related recipes like Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage
"Sometimes I do not marinade them; I them slice them and cook them in water then serve with butter, ...
A family recipe for stewed red cabbage with apples and apple cider vinegar. Fried Stuffed Squash Blossoms. See how to make glorious fried squash blossoms.
Processing tofu with part-skim ricotta cheese gives the filling the creaminess of full-fat ricotta....
Spoon about 1/4 cup ricotta mixture into each manicotti. Pour one third of pasta sauce into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange stuffed ...