Apple Cream Cheese Kuchen
This is a very old recipe that my mother made often, when I was a child in Germany. It was our Sunday dessert. You can also use other fruit as a topping, such as plums, fresh peaches or apricots.
Directions In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the egg, milk, butter, sugar, lemon peel, salt and 3/4 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft...
- Yield: 6 servings
- Cooking time: 30 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 1-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Confectioners' sugar
Related recipes like Apple Cream Cheese Kuchen
Get Mario Batali's White Bean Ravioli with Balsamic Vinegar Brown Butter Recipe from Food Network...
FILLING: In a food processor, blend one cup cooked white beans with virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, grated Parmesan cheese, egg and parsley until ...
Ranch dressing mix lends an herb-y tang to this cream cheese and cheddar combo; the crunch comes fro...
Ranch dressing mix lends an herb y tang to this cream cheese and cheddar combo; ... Cream Cheese Ball Recipe Pineapple, walnuts and pecans add a sweet ...