Chef John's Tuscan Bean Soup
This smooth, silky Tuscan bean soup with crunchy, crispy croutons makes a warming bowlful on a chilly day.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Add butter; allow butter to melt. Add onion, celery, and carrot and cook and stir until onion begins to turn translucent and golden, about...
- Yield: 4
- Cooking time: 30 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Related recipes like Chef John's Tuscan Bean Soup
Getting tired of roast veg with couscous or pasta? Try mashed beans for a cheap, healthy alternative...
Getting tired of roast veg with couscous or pasta? ... I usually have it with warm wholemeal pitta bread a great lunch. ... Mediterranean style bean salad. 5.