New Orleans Gumbo
“I’ve been making this gumbo for at least 30 years. I’m originally from New Orleans, and I think it’s a nice taste of the Vieux Carre (French Quarter). Everyone who tastes this gumbo...
Directions In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in the rice, celery, onion and garlic. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the tomatoes,...
- Yield: 8 servings
- Cooking time: 20 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
Related recipes like New Orleans Gumbo
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow One Great Gumbo with Chicken and Andouille Sausage recipe from Rac...
A dark roux begins this recipe for thick shrimp gumbo featuring okra, onions, bell pepper and diced ...
A dark roux begins this recipe for thick shrimp gumbo featuring okra, onions, bell ... See how to make grill free New Orleans style barbequed shrimp. .... 0. 1. 3/4/ 2003. This recipe was very bland and the shrimp was tough after cooking it so ...