Surprisingly hearty for such a tiny legume, lentils are the perfect match for smoky sausage and winter vegetables in this thick soup.
2 Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Yield: 5
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Pillsbury.com
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 medium stalks celery, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup dried lentils, sorted, rinsed
- 1/2 lb. cooked smoked sausage, quartered lengthwise, sliced
- 1 (4.5-oz.) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 (14-oz.) cans chicken broth
Related recipes like Lentil-Sausage-Vegetable Soup
Spicy sausage and tender chicken make a tasty pair in this creamy soup....
Spicy sausage and tender chicken make a tasty pair in this creamy soup. ... Cook the chorizo until it becomes a dark golden brown, breaking up the large pieces, using the same pot over medium high heat. ... Similar: RecipesVideosCategories Articles ... Chicken Tortilla Soup I Recipe and Video See how to make a quick, 5 ...
Looking for a vegetable with super health powers? Try spinach. It's packed with vitamins, minerals a...
Looking for a vegetable with super health powers? Try spinach. It's packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that protect you all your life.