Chicken Pie with Biscuit Crust
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Chicken Pie with Biscuit Crust recipe from Food Network
Directions Make the filling: In a saucepan bring the broth to a boil, add the carrots, potatoes, and celery, and simmer the vegetables, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they are tender....
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cooking time: 0 Hour 0 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 carrots, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 pound red potatoes, quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large ribs of celery, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken (the meat from a 3-pound chicken)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, or to taste
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 2 tablespoons cold vegetable shortening, cut into bits
- 1/3 cup grated sharp Cheddar
- 1 large egg
- About 1/3 cup buttermilk
- An egg wash made by beating 1 large egg yolk with 1 tablespoon milk
Related recipes like Chicken Pie with Biscuit Crust
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow North African Chicken and Chickpeas Sheet-Pan Dinner recipe from F...
A rustic and authentic quick Indian one-pot packed with tonnes of hot Asian spices and fragrant cori...
Home style pork curry with cauliflower rice .... that home style cooking where he comes from is always done slowly and on the bone. .... Peking style chicken.
This recipe is an easy alternative to mashed or boiled potatoes. Potatoes are roasted in the oven wi...
Crusty Herb Potato Wedges. See how to make perfect baked potato wedges with a crispy crust. Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. The sweet flavor of roasted ...