Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Cornbread Dressing recipe from Ree Drummond
Directions Spread the Skillet Cornbread and French bread cubes out on 2 baking sheets and let them dry for about 24 hours until totally crisp. Once dry, transfer the cubes to a large mixing...
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- Cooking time: 1 Hour 10 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- Skillet Cornbread, recipe follows, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 loaf crusty French bread, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups finely diced celery (leaves included)
- 2 carrots, peeled and very finely diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, plus more if needed
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 whole egg
Related recipes like Cornbread Dressing
Add a touch of indulgence to this autumnal salad with creamy blue cheese and wholesome walnuts...
Add a touch of indulgence to this autumnal salad with creamy blue cheese and ... Drain the celery and toss in a large bowl with the dressing, apple and most of ...
Get Butter Lettuce with Lardons and Poached Egg Recipe from Food Network...
In a large bowl, toss the greens with the tomatoes in the bacon dressing and divide the mixture among 4 salad plates. When the eggs are ready, carefully ...