Provencal Seafood Bisque Recipe
Outrageously good seafood bisque inspired by Provencal flavors, with saffron, tomato, and mild, white fish. Great with crusty bread.
1 Cook the bacon on medium heat in a 6 to 8 quart pot until it is crispy. Remove the bacon from the pot with a slotted spoon. Set aside on a paper towel to use for garnish later. 2 Increase...
- Yield: Serves 4-6
- Cooking time: 00 Hour 40 Min
- Publisher: Simplyrecipes.com
- 3 slices of bacon, roughly chopped (can substitute olive oil or butter, 3 Tbsp)
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound white fish fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- A pinch of cayenne
- A large pinch of saffron
- 1 quart of shellfish stock, OR 16 ounces of clam juice plus 16 ounces of fish stock or water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
Related recipes like Provencal Seafood Bisque Recipe
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Texas Brisket recipe from BBQ with Bobby Flay...
Get this all star, easy to follow Texas Brisket recipe from BBQ with Bobby Flay. ... How to Make 6 Foot Rainbow Nachos ... Place the brisket in a preheated 194 to 205 degree F smoker until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 185 to ...
"We spent a summer on Oahu and ate our way around the island. One of the things we sorely miss is co...
This quick and simple recipe with coconut milk, sugar, salt, and cornstarch is based on the coconut syrup found ... Recipe Cheese tortellini, simmered in a ...