Potato and Leek Soup
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Potato and Leek Soup recipe from Food Network
Directions Set aside 2 tablespoons of the butter in the refrigerator. Heat the remaining butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, leeks, and garlic and cook, covered, stirring...
- Yield: 4 to 6 appetizer servings
- Cooking time: 0 Hour 45 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 leeks (white part only), thinly sliced and well rinsed
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white vermouth
- 1 1/4 pounds waxy-style potatoes (about 8), peeled and quartered
- 7 cups water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
Related recipes like Potato and Leek Soup
With a special surprise ingredient, this gluten free cake stays beautifully moist. To everyone’s a...
With a special surprise ingredient, this gluten free cake stays beautifully moist. ... Fold in the almonds, cold mashed potato, lemon zest and baking powder.
This beef and potato casserole is baked with a cheese sauce and mushrooms. It's a filling crowd plea...
This beef and potato casserole is baked with a cheese sauce and mushrooms. ... "This is a very filling Australian outback recipe that is often made for the shearers. " .... Hot German Potato Salad II Recipe This potato, bacon and onion salad ...
This sweet and spicy soup is filled with exotic flavors, and perfect for warming up on a cold night....
This sweet and spicy soup is filled with exotic flavors, and perfect for ... Spicy Chicken Thai Soup Recipe and Video See Chef John's tasty version of spicy Thai ...