New Orleans-Style Chicken
This hearty one-dish meal from Jason Bagley of Kennewick, Washington is loaded with tender chunks of chicken, colorful veggies , beans and rice. "This healthy dish is a favorite of mine," Jason notes.
Directions In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in 1 teaspoon oil; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the carrots, mushrooms, onion and peppers in...
- Yield: 6 servings
- Cooking time: 50 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) red beans and rice mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
Related recipes like New Orleans-Style Chicken
Preheating the pan gets the breading crisp within 20 minutes. If you only have regular breadcrumbs, ...
boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets ... Place roll ups, seam side down, on preheated baking sheet. ... Chicken Baked on a Bed of Bread and Swiss Chard.