Mom's Basic Vegetable Beef Stew
Mom's basic vegetable beef stew is loaded with potatoes, onions, carrots, and celery for a hearty and warming meal for cold winter evenings.
Pour in enough olive oil into a large stockpot to coat the bottom; add 1 onion, carrots, garlic, red pepper flakes, Greek seasoning, rosemary, thyme, basil, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, salt,...
- Yield: 8
- Cooking time: 40 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 2 onions, roughly chopped, divided
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Greek seasoning (such as Cavender's®) (optional)
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1 pinch ground thyme
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 pinch Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (32 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
Related recipes like Mom's Basic Vegetable Beef Stew
Start preparing a few hours in advance by making a simple marinade for the chicken and beef. In a bl...
Get inspired with recipes and ideas for How to Make Fajitas from Food Network. ... Start preparing a few hours in advance by making a simple marinade for the chicken and beef. In a blender, combine ... Advertisement Continue to Next Photo .
This chilli is great for casual entertaining - just lay everything out and let people add their own ...
Chinese style braised beef one pot. 4.583815 .... This is a really tasty and quick dish that even my meat loving husband really enjoyed! The radishes and sour ...