This quick turkey chili was inspired by picadillo, a Latin dish typically made with ground meat, tomatoes, spices and sometimes olives and raisins. It's served in pastries, with tortillas or along with rice and beans. Here we decided to make it into a saucy chili. Serve it with crackers or some crusty bread and hot sauce.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook, stirring and breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Reduce...
- Yield: 6
- Cooking time: 25 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can small red beans, kidney beans or pinto beans, rinsed (see Note)
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives, rinsed
- 1/4 cup raisins
Related recipes like Picadillo
Chiles en Nogada, poblano chiles stuffed with a ground turkey picadillo, covered in a creamy walnut ...
May 2, 2016 It is a green poblano chili stuffed with a picadillo and covered in a walnut ... (See How to roast chile peppers over a gas flame tutorial using ...
This recipe for picadillo, a ground beef hash with butternut squash, olives, and fragrant seasonings...
This recipe for picadillo, a ground beef hash with butternut squash, olives, and ... beef hash/chili) recipe which is usually served with white rice, beans and plantains. .... A quick weeknight version of the slow cooked Jamaican classic dish . ... Pork Picadillo Recipe This ground pork dish with raisins, spinach, and a rainbow ...