Mussels with Saffron & Leeks
Mussels are an excellent fast, healthy dinner. Look for them on ice in mesh bags at your fish counter; the individual mollusks should be mostly closed, or they should close when tapped. The only other thing you need with this aromatic dinner? A couple of crunchy rolls that just might happen to fall into the sauce.
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, leeks, garlic, salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until the onion and leeks are softened and just starting to brown, 4 to 6...
- Yield: 4
- Cooking time: 40 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 cup leeks, white and pale green parts only, sliced and washed
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron (see Ingredient note)
- 3 pounds mussels, cleaned (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
Related recipes like Mussels with Saffron & Leeks
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Udon Seafood Cioppino with Smoky Dashi Broth and Spiraled Fish Cak...
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Marinated Grilled Flank Steak with BLT Smashed Potatoes recipe fro...
Nov 2, 2013 Get this all star, easy to follow Marinated Grilled Flank Steak with BLT Smashed ... Add the BLT: bacon, leeks and tomatoes to the potatoes and ...
Get Boneless Lamb with Mushroom Crust and Leek Puree Recipe from Food Network...
Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil, Add leeks, and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, and transfer to a blender. Add butter and season with salt ...