Squash, Chickpea & Red Lentil Stew
Modeled on North African stews, this aromatic vegetarian main course can be served over brown rice or steamed spinach.
Soak chickpeas in enough cold water to cover them by 2 inches for 6 hours or overnight. (Alternatively, use the quick-soak method: Place beans in a large pot with enough water to cover by 2...
- Yield: 8
- Cooking time: 30 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 3/4 cup dried chickpeas
- 2 1/2 pounds kabocha squash (see Note) or butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Related recipes like Squash, Chickpea & Red Lentil Stew
Get Tex-Mex Turkey Chili with Black Beans, Corn and Butternut Squash Recipe from Food Network...
This baked version of Southern fried chicken is soaked in buttermilk, then coated in well-seasoned p...
Baking and using cooking spray lowers the calories significantly. .... Cindy's Beef Tips Recipe Beef stew meat gets a savory coating of seasoned flour before ...