Eggplant Pomodoro Pasta
Diced eggplant turns tender and tasty sautéed with garlic and olive oil. Toss with fresh plum tomatoes, green olives and capers and you have a simple light summer sauce. We like it over angel hair pasta, but any type of pasta will work. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a mixed green salad.
Put a pot of water on to boil. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook,...
- Yield: 6
- Cooking time: 35 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 12 ounces whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or basil
Related recipes like Eggplant Pomodoro Pasta
"Vegetarian meatballs browned in the oven. Use with spaghetti, in bombers, and all by themselves!"...
Vegetarian eggplant "meatballs" are nicely seasoned with garlic, thyme, and oregano and ... I chose not to peel my eggplant, but the skins did look like burnt .