Tangerine Bok Choy & Beef Stir
Tangerine juice and savory oyster sauce are the foundation of the stir-fry sauce in this healthy recipe for Chinese orange beef. Don't skip the orange zest sprinkled over the stir-fry at the end--it delivers the biggest flavor punch. Serve over brown rice or quinoa.
Cut steak in thirds along the grain. Freeze 15 minutes to firm slightly; thinly slice crosswise. Sliver zest from enough tangerines (or clementines) to get 1 tablespoon (see Tip); set aside....
- Yield: 4
- Cooking time: 30 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- Tangerine Bok Choy & Beef Stir-Fry
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- 6 Pixie tangerines or clementines
- 1 pound bok choy
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 7 teaspoons peanut oil or canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 large garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, chopped, whites and greens divided
- 1 Fresno or serrano chile, seeded and thinly sliced
Related recipes like Tangerine Bok Choy & Beef Stir
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Cape Fear Punch recipe from Alton Brown...
2 (750 ml) bottles sparkling wine or Champagne. 1 liter seltzer or ... When ready to serve, add the oranges, lemons, sparkling wine, and seltzer water; stir to combine. Add the ice block ... Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen ... Food Network Staffer Diary: I Did the Baby Food Diet for 3 Days, and Here's What Happened.
This is a fabulous addition to prime rib and other cuts of beef. The whipped cream tones down the he...
... rib and other cuts of beef. The whipped cream tones down the heat of the horseradish, so even kids like this. Plus it's pretty! ... Horseradish Sauce. 229. Food Processor Chocolate Whipped Crea... Recipe Typical frostings are too sweet for ...