Chicken Saute with Mango Sauce
Here is one simple technique that guarantees juicy results every time. First, pound the chicken: making it thinner ensures quick and even cooking. Next, dredge the chicken lightly in seasoned flour, which helps it turn deep golden brown when sauteed. After the chicken is cooked, deglaze the skillet with broth, wine or a little water to make a pan sauce. The liquid loosens the flavor-boosting browned bits from the bottom of the pan, making a tastier sauce.
Trim visible fat from chicken breasts. Remove the tenders (the long thin flaps); reserve for another use (see Tip). Place trimmed chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with...
- Yield: 4
- Cooking time: 40 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1-1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 mango, cut into 1/2-inch dice (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or mint
Related recipes like Chicken Saute with Mango Sauce
... 1 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt; 3 tablespoons honey; 1 pound nectarines,* ... Using a spoon, drop dough in 12 mounds onto the prepared baking sheet, ... Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small bowl whisk together yogurt and honey. Top warm shortcakes with sliced nectarines; spoon sauce over all. ... Recipe Collections.
Pork tenderloin medallions with Alfredo sauce make an easy but tasty meal and it's ready in less tha...
Pork tenderloin medallions with Alfredo sauce make an easy but tasty meal and it's ready in less than half an hour! Serve over freshly boiled red potatoes for a ...