Red Velvet Cake
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Red Velvet Cake recipe from Alton Brown
Directions Watch how to make this recipe. Set a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F. Spray 2 (9-inch) round pans with nonstick spray, line the bottom of the pan with...
- Yield: 2 (9-inch) rounds, 10 to 12 servings
- Cooking time: 0 Hour 33 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- Nonstick spray
- 5 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces cake flour
- 1/2 ounce natural cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 fluid ounce red liquid food coloring
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 1/2 ounces dark brown sugar
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 whole eggs, room temperature
- Cream Cheese Frosting, recipe follows
- 13 1/2 ounces powdered sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
Related recipes like Red Velvet Cake
Quick and easy individual cheesecakes are layered in jars and topped with sliced strawberries for a ...
See how to make a top rated, old fashioned strawberry shortcake. Red, White, and Blue Strawberry Shortcake. This patriotic cake is perfect for Fourth of July ...
This is a moist chocolate cake with a hint of cinnamon. This recipe will make a large one layer cake...
This is a moist chocolate cake with a hint of cinnamon. ... 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon .... changes though: I used pineapple/orange juice instead of the milk and added about 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder. ... Its good with whipped cream on top.
A little melting, stirring and chilling and you've got a chocolatey treat to enjoy with a cuppa. The...
Chocolate crunch bars ... Lemon curd & blueberry loaf cake .... Used 70% chilli chocolate bar and orange chocolate bar from Aldi, didnt use Turkish Delight so ...