Chuck's Super Chili
Hot Italian sausage and ground beef are the base of this spicy chili made with red wine, colorful bell peppers, tomatoes, kidney beans, and both jalapeno and chipotle chiles. It makes enough to feed a crowd or to freeze extra for easy weeknight meals.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in Italian sausage and ground sirloin. Cook and stir until meat is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess...
- Yield: 20
- Cooking time: 1 Hour 50 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2 pounds hot Italian sausage
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups Merlot or other dry red wine
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
Related recipes like Chuck's Super Chili
Here's a 30-minute Mexican-style chili that's loaded with chicken, beans and zesty flavor!...
Here's a 30 minute Mexican style chili that's loaded with chicken, beans and zesty flavor! ... Serve with a Mexican Cornbread muffins and you're sure to have a hit. ... The chili is tasty and hardy while offering a twist on the traditional chili recipe ...
Get Bobby Flay's New Jersey Burger (Aka The Crunchburger) Recipe from Food Network...
Get Bobby Flay's New Jersey Burger (Aka The Crunchburger) Recipe from Food Network. ... 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck (80 percent lean) or ground turkey (90 percent lean); Kosher salt and freshly ground ... New England Clam Chowder.