Stuffed Pork Loin with Wild Rice, Apricot and Walnut Stuffing
This satisfying and visually stunning entree rewards all the senses. With Middle Eastern roots, it layers textures and flavors that meld into a memorable sensory feast. The sweet and savory wild rice stuffing features two legendary foods: soft, tangy dried apricots and crunchy, sweet walnuts.
In a medium saucepan, combine wild rice and broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir well, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 23-25 minutes for brown or wild rice (15-20 minutes for...
- Yield: 10
- Cooking time: 2 Hour 15 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1 cup wild black rice (or brown, white or forbidden rice)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped toasted California walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 pounds boneless pork loin roast, butterflied
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or nonstick cooking spray
- cotton kitchen string for tying up the roast
Related recipes like Stuffed Pork Loin with Wild Rice, Apricot and Walnut Stuffing
Get Pork Roast with Cumin-Spiked Mixed Berry Sauce and Roasted Parsnips Recipe from Food Network...
Get Pork Roast with Cumin Spiked Mixed Berry Sauce and Roasted Parsnips Recipe from Food Network. ... Slice crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices using 1 pound of pork for this meal (with parsnips and snow peas), ... Forever Roasted Pork.
Seasoned pork neck bones are simmered with lima beans in this tasty and filling Southern classic....
Seasoned pork neck bones are simmered with lima beans in this tasty and filling ... Southern Style Neck Bones Recipe Seasoned pork neck bones are baked ...