Slow-Cooker Spicy Black-Eyed Peas
Add a spicy side to your summer meal with this slow cooked dish that features black eyed peas and Progresso® chicken broth.
2 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 hours. Discard bay leaf and turkey leg. Serve peas with slotted spoon. Serve with pepper sauce.
- Yield: 6
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Pillsbury.com
- 3 cups fresh black-eyed peas, shelled
- 2 cups Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño chile
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 smoked turkey leg (3/4 lb)
- Red pepper sauce
Related recipes like Slow-Cooker Spicy Black-Eyed Peas
"This is such an easy way to make a tender, juicy pork roast. My family loves it . . . even my 5-yea...
... pork roast in the slow cooker with muscadine wine, cranberries, and garlic. ... Slow Cooker Pernil Pork Recipe Puerto Rican style pork roast, but done in the ...
You will be glad you tried this unique combination of nuts, chocolate, spices, and pumpkin....
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies Recipe Delicious and spicy pumpkin cookie with ... Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies II Recipe This is a wonderful autumn ...