Grandma's Apple Carrot Cake
Rich, moist and cinnamony, this old-fashioned cake recipe was handed down from our beloved Grandma Kelly. It's a perfect way to use up a few carrots and an apple...and it's ideal for smaller...
Directions In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and sugars until smooth. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture just until combined. Stir...
- Yield: 9 servings
- Cooking time: 25 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Tasteofhome.com
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded peeled apple
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
Related recipes like Grandma's Apple Carrot Cake
Simple-to-whip-up apple cake that can be cut into bars or squares for a tea time treat...
Peel, core and thinly slice the apples then squeeze the lemon juice over. Set to one ... Coconut & mango sponge .... I made rum and raisen ice cream and toffee sauce to go with it and that was a delicious ... Blackberry & apple mallow traybake.