Spicy and Savory Slow Cooker Beef Ragout
Morel mushroom hunting season is the time to indulge in this fancy but easy beef stew with herbs and red wine. After the meat is browned, the gourmet stew simmers in a slow cooker until tender and flavorful.
Combine flour and Cajun seasoning in a resealable plastic bag. Pat stew meat pieces dry with paper towels; place meat, a few pieces at a time, into the bag. Seal the bag and shake several times...
- Yield: 10
- Cooking time: 6 Hour 45 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning blend (such as Tony Chachere's®)
- 1 pound cubed lean beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen stew vegetables, thawed
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 pound fresh morel mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as RO*TEL® Mild)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup Merlot wine
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Related recipes like Spicy and Savory Slow Cooker Beef Ragout
Little Filipino spring rolls, stuffed with savory pork and shrimp, are deep fried to a crispy golden...
Little Filipino spring rolls, stuffed with savory pork and shrimp, are deep fried ... Mix the ground pork, shrimp, onion, carrots, green onions, soy sauce, salt, pepper , ... Southern Style Oven Fried Catfish Recipe A spicy breading gives a crunch to ... Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Dipping Sauce Recipe and Video See how to ...
Tomatoes with jalapeno chiles and spice heat up this hearty favorite of the old Southwest. MORE+ LES...
1: lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef Save $. 1: large onion, chopped (1 cup) Save $. 1/2: lb bacon, cut into small pieces Save $. 1: can (14 1/2 oz) stewed ...
Pineapple pork loin coated in a honey mustard glaze is a sweet and savory main dish that is ready in...
Pineapple pork loin coated in a honey mustard glaze is a sweet and savory main dish that ... A quick and superbly flavorful Asian inspired pork loin. .... The only difference was I used crushed pineapple, it was still melt in your mouth goodness !