Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potato Soup
The earthiness of sweet potatoes is balanced with tart apples, spicy ginger, and a touch of zesty lime in this easy fall soup. If desired, garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream, some chopped cilantro, and a few sweet, spicy nuts.
Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat; cook and stir shallots in the hot oil until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir apples, ginger, zest from 1 lime, red pepper flakes, and cayenne...
- Yield: 8
- Cooking time: 30 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 1 pound tart apples, cored and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Related recipes like Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potato Soup
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Japanese Eggplants with Sriracha Shrimp recipe from Guy Fieri...
While the eggplants are baking, combine the shrimp with the rice vinegar, agave, red bell peppers and snow ... In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Sriracha, sweet chili sauce, lime zest and lime juice. ... Salty and Sweet Popcorn Treats.