Slow-Cooker Vegetable Soup with Barley
Save time slicing and dicing by using a combo of fresh and prepared frozen veggies in this wholesome soup with plenty of nutty pearl barley.
3 About 10 minutes before serving, stir tomatoes into soup. Cover; cook on Low setting 10 minutes longer or until tomatoes are thoroughly heated. Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Yield: 10
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Pillsbury.com
- 1 cup uncooked regular pearl barley
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 1/2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots, halved crosswise
- 1 cup sliced celery (2 medium stalks)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (1/2 medium)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large dark-orange sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (from 1-lb bag)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cut green beans (from 1-lb bag)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14 oz each) vegetable broth
- 6 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
Related recipes like Slow-Cooker Vegetable Soup with Barley
Spicy sausage and tender chicken make a tasty pair in this creamy soup....
Spicy sausage and tender chicken make a tasty pair in this creamy soup. ... Cook the chorizo until it becomes a dark golden brown, breaking up the large pieces, using the same pot over medium high heat. ... Similar: RecipesVideosCategories Articles ... Chicken Tortilla Soup I Recipe and Video See how to make a quick, 5 ...
Use a slow cooker to make this chili with chicken, pinto beans, and corn, flavored with salsa, cumin...
"This is an easy slow cooker meal use your imagination and season it up as you like! Great on a c c c cold winter night! I serve this with grated cheese, sour ...
Looking for a vegetable with super health powers? Try spinach. It's packed with vitamins, minerals a...
Looking for a vegetable with super health powers? Try spinach. It's packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that protect you all your life.