Slow-Cooker Mole Chili
The rich bitterness of cocoa balances the lively zest from salsa and chipotle chili powder in this classic Mexican chili.
3 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours. Top individual servings with cilantro.
- Yield: 6
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Pillsbury.com
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) diced or whole (coarsely chopped) tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 2 cans (15 to 16 oz each) pinto beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Related recipes like Slow-Cooker Mole Chili
"This is such an easy way to make a tender, juicy pork roast. My family loves it . . . even my 5-yea...
... pork roast in the slow cooker with muscadine wine, cranberries, and garlic. ... Slow Cooker Pernil Pork Recipe Puerto Rican style pork roast, but done in the ...