This vintage soup recipe uses beef soup bones to enrich a broth loaded with vegetables, beans, and pasta for a hearty meal in a bowl.
Melt the butter in a large stockpot over medium heat; cook the onion, celery, and steak in the melted butter until the onions caramelize, 7 to 10 minutes. Add the beef stock, water, bay leaf,...
- Yield: 10
- Cooking time: 4 Hour 15 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/3 pound lean round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 quart water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds beef soup bones
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry black beans
- 1/4 cup dried split peas
- 1/4 cup white rice
- 1/4 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1/4 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 cup red wine
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Related recipes like Jack's Old
Get Lake Rat Peppers Recipe from Food Network...
Get Lake Rat Peppers Recipe from Food Network. ... Network Challenge. Episode: Challenge: Texas Steak Cook Off. Save Recipe Print ... 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese, room temperature. Add Checked ... Stuffed Poblano Peppers ... The best comfort food is comforting both to cook and to eat, like Ree's pork chops.
Get Food Network Kitchen's California Fresh Potato Skins Recipe from Food Network...
Toppings: Guacamole, sprouts and shredded Monterey jack. How to Make Classic Potato Skins: Pierce 4 large russet potatoes with a fork. Bake directly on the ...
1 cup white wine; 1/2 pound mozzarella, grated; 1/2 pound Monterey jack, grated; 1/2 pound goat cheese crumbled; 2 poblano peppers, ... Episode: Food Network Caters Your Vegas Wedding ... We took it back into our test kitchen here and found this helpful tip to keep the cheese and wine ... Queso Fundido con Chorizo.