My grandmother made the best Shoofly Pie in the tradition of the Pennsylvania Dutch. Shoofly pie is to the Pennsylvania Dutch as Pecan Pie is to a southerner. --Mark Morgan
Line pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Remove foil; brush crust with egg yolk. Bake 5 minutes longer; cool on a wire rack. For filling,...
- Yield: 6
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
Related recipes like Shoofly Pie
A corn syrup and molasses filling is poured into an unbaked pie crust, topped with a brown sugar and...
"As we all know, there are 2 basic versions of shoofly pie, the dry kind you can dunk and the wet kind that oozes its sweetness. This one falls in the middle and is ...