Portuguese Salt Cod Stew (Bacalhoada or Bacalhau ...
Traditional bacalhau recipe, a Portuguese salt cod stew made with salt cod, potatoes, onions, hard boiled eggs, olives, and lots of olive oil.
1 Salt cod typically comes either in dry fillets, already boned and skinned, or it comes whole. The fillets need to be rinsed, then soaked in water, and kept chilled, for 24 hours, with one...
- Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Simplyrecipes.com
- 1 lb salt cod fillets, preferably skinless and boneless
- 3/4 to 1 cup of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Milk (optional)
- 2 large yellow or sweet Vidalia onions, sliced
- 2 lbs waxy potatoes (Yukon gold work great), peeled
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- About 40 pitted black olives (I used Kalamata olives, can also use green olives)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Related recipes like Portuguese Salt Cod Stew (Bacalhoada or Bacalhau ...
You will give thanks for your bread machine when you make this chewy, rosemary- and garlic-seasoned ...
Sprinkle with parmesan, rosemary, garlic salt, and mozzarella. ... Bread Machine Focaccia Recipe Make your own herb focaccia with dough mixed in the bread ...