St. Patrick's Day Green Velvet Layer Cake
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow St. Patrick's Day Green Velvet Layer Cake recipe from Food Network Kitchen
Directions For the cake: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter three 8-inch round cake pans, line with parchment and butter the parchment; set aside. Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking...
- Yield: 10 servings
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk, well shaken
- 1 tablespoon green liquid food coloring
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch fine salt
- Green liquid or gel food coloring, optional
- Green candies and sanding sugar for decorating, optional
Related recipes like St. Patrick's Day Green Velvet Layer Cake
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Toasted Pound Cake with Mascarpone and Amaretto recipe from Giada ...
Nov 2, 2013 Alternatively, toast the pound cake slices in an electric toaster until golden. Stir the apricot ... Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis ... Toasted Pound Cake with Citrus Cream. Recipe ... cheese (11); cream (6); family (10).
This sweet Irish potato candy combines a mashed potato and powdered sugar with a layer of peanut but...
This sweet Irish potato candy combines a mashed potato and powdered sugar with a layer of peanut butter in the middle. It is then rolled into a log and cut into ...