Grandma's Orange Rolls
Both our two children and grandchildren love these fine-textured sweet rolls. We have our own orange, lime and grapefruit trees, and it's such a pleasure to go out and pick fruit right off the tree. --Norma Poole, Auburndale, Florida
In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water. In a large mixing bowl, mix milk, shortening, sugar, salt and egg. Add yeast mixture and blend. Stir in enough flour to form a soft dough. Knead on...
- Yield: 30
- Cooking time: 20 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 degrees to 115 degrees)
- 1 cup warm milk (110 to 115 degrees F)
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter or margarine, softened
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
Related recipes like Grandma's Orange Rolls
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Panko-Crusted Cod Sandwiches with Chipotle Mayonnaise recipe from ...
Place another 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise on top of the fish, and top with a slice of tomato. Place the tops of the Kaiser rolls over the fish and tomatoes to ...
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche recipe from Emeril Lagasse...
Get this all star, easy to follow Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche recipe from Emeril Lagasse. ... Add the scallops, lemon, lime and orange juices and stir in the cucumber, red onion and chiles. Refrigerate for 1 hour. ... More Cooking Tips ...