Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup
This chicken soup sets itself apart from the rest by using fresh flour tortillas and gets its spice from green chile and chipotle peppers.
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel, reserving 1 tablespoon grease in the skillet. Add onion and garlic to the skillet; cook...
- Yield: 8
- Cooking time: 50 Min
- Rating: 4/5
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 8 (1 ounce) slices smoked bacon, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes and mild green chile peppers (such as RO*TEL®)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 3 (8 inch) flour tortillas, cut into strips
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Related recipes like Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Get Ina Garten's Spring Green Risotto Recipe from Food Network...
Get Food Network Kitchen's French Onion Macaroni and Cheese Soup Recipe from Food Network...
Get Food Network Kitchen's French Onion Macaroni and Cheese Soup ... sheet and divide the hot soup among the crocks, filling about three quarters of the way.
Get Bobby Flay's Masala Sauce Recipe from Food Network...
... Ina's Date Night Picks · Ted to the Rescue · The Best of Chopped · Triple D in Cuba ... 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chile de arbol or cayenne powder (depending on how spicy you like it) ... 3/4 cup frozen green peas ... Add the cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, rice, the simmering water, salt, pepper and lime juice, and bring to a boil.
Get Rachael Ray's Deluxe, Divine Chicken Divan Recipe from Food Network...
Toast almonds in a small skillet until golden. Set aside. Bring 2 3/4 cups chicken stock, the zest of 1 lemon, thyme sprigs and a tablespoon of butter to a boil in a ...