Chicken Cacciatore (Hunter Style Chicken) Recipe
Chicken cacciatore, an Italian hunter-style chicken braised in a tomato-based sauce with onions, garlic, and white wine.
1 Brown the chicken: Rinse chicken and pat dry. Season the chicken pieces on all sides with salt. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Working in batches so that you don't crowd...
- Yield: Serves 4-6
- Cooking time: 01 Hour 10 Min
- Publisher: Simplyrecipes.com
- One 4 pound chicken, cut into serving pieces, trimmed of excess fat (or 3 1/2 to 4 pounds of chicken thighs, bone in, skin on)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced root to tip, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded, sliced into 1/4-inch wide slices
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white or red wine
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups peeled and chopped, firm ripe tomatoes, with their juices, or 1 28 ounce can of plum tomatoes in their juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme (or 2 teaspoons fresh, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano (or 2 teaspoons fresh, chopped)
Related recipes like Chicken Cacciatore (Hunter Style Chicken) Recipe
Deliciously sticky chicken that everyone will love - the marinade works on other meat, fish and vegg...
Deliciously sticky chicken that everyone will love, from BBC Good Food. ... Pour over the chicken drumsticks and leave to marinate for as long as you can (put them in the .... Chilli sauce left, so I improvised and used "Cottage Delights" Tropical Mango, Lime and Chilli sauce. ... Sticky chicken drumsticks & sesame rice salad.