Classic lasagna recipe with ground beef, onion, Mozzarella, Ricotta, and Parmesan cheeses, tomato sauce and lasagna noodles.
1 Put pasta water on to boil: Put a large pot of salted water (1 Tbsp salt for every 2 quarts of water) on the stovetop on high heat. It can take a while for a large pot of water to come to...
- Yield: Serves 8
- Cooking time: 01 Hour 30 Min
- Publisher: Simplyrecipes.com
- Olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef (chuck)
- 1/2 onion, diced, about 3/4 cup
- 1/2 large bell pepper (green, red, or yellow), stem and core removed, diced, about 3/4 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce can good quality tomato sauce
- 3 ounces (half a 6-oz can) tomato paste
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (preferably flat leaf), packed
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Pinch of garlic powder and/or garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp to 1/4 cup sugar (to taste, optional)
- 1/2 lb dry lasagna noodles (requires 9 lasagna noodles - unbroken)
- 15 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 lb (24 ounces) Mozzarella cheese, grated or sliced
- 1/4 lb (4 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- A large skillet to brown the beef, bell pepper, and onion
- A large pot (8 to 12-quarts) for cooking the pasta
- A medium sized pot (3 to 4 quarts) to simmer the sauce
- 13" x 9" x 2" lasagna pan, preferably pyrex or stainless steel (avoid aluminum pans if you can, they can react with the acidity of the sauce)
- A large colander to drain the noodles
- A couple large sheet pans to cool the noodles
- A large slotted cooking spoon
- A large wooden cooking spoon
- A chef's knife or large paring knife to cut the vegetables
Related recipes like Lasagna Recipe
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Whole Grilled Achiote Striped Bass with Spicy Pickled Red Onions r...
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Pear Cocktail recipe from Spike Mendelsohn...
Get this all star, easy to follow Pear Cocktail recipe from Food Network Magazine . ... Make the cocktail: Combine the rum, pear nectar, lemon juice, bitters and salt in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well ... Sunny Anderson Apple Hot Toddy.
"Andes® mints wrapped in buttery cookie dough. A favorite in our house every Christmas!"...
Butter cookie dough is wrapped around an Andes(R) chocolate mint and baked to perfection in this recipe for festive Christmas cookies. ... Reviews. Read all reviews 3. profile image. Rate and review. profile image ... 36K. 120. 0 · Green Tea Mint Cookies Recipe A unique combination of Green tea leaves, lemongrass, ...