St. Lucia Saffron Buns Recipe, Swedish Lussekatter Rolls ...
Swedish Christmastime favorite, saffron infused S shaped sweet rolls, for St. Lucia Day.
1 Heat milk, saffron, sugar: In a small pot, heat the milk, saffron, and 1 teaspoon of sugar together until the milk is steamy. Remove from heat and stir to dissolve the sugar. Let cool until...
- Yield: Makes 12 to 14 buns
- Cooking time: 00 Hour 12 Min
- Publisher: Simplyrecipes.com
- 3/4 cup milk (175 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup (50 g) white, granulated sugar
- One 1/4-ounce packet active dry yeast (check the expiration date on the package to make sure it's still good!)
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups (490 g to 570 g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- The seeds from 3 cardamom pods, ground (optional)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick, 4 Tbsp, 56 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup of sour cream (or quark if available)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg, beaten
Related recipes like St. Lucia Saffron Buns Recipe, Swedish Lussekatter Rolls ...
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow French Toast with Bacon, Onion and Tomato Jam recipe from Anne Bur...
Get this all star, easy to follow French Toast with Bacon, Onion and Tomato Jam recipe from Food ... French Toast Fingers with Ginger Bourbon Maple Syrup.