Cabbage, Potato and Baked Bean Soup
A can of pork and beans in tomato sauce is added to this vegetable stew cooked in a chicken stock base.
Heat oil in medium size saucepan. Add potatoes, celery, and onion, saute for 5 minutes. Stir in cabbage, cover and cook over medium heat, until cabbage is tender. Add broth, bay leaf, pepper...
- Yield: 6
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce