Red Beans and Rice Soup
Progresso® chicken broth provides a simple addition to this slow-cooked soup features with beans, sausage and rice – a wonderful dinner.
4 Stir rice into soup. Cover; cook 10 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Garnish individual servings with thyme sprigs.
- Yield: 14
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Pillsbury.com
- 1 bag (16 oz) dried kidney beans, sorted, rinsed
- 1 ring (1 lb) fully cooked smoked pork sausage, sliced
- 1 container (8 oz) refrigerated prechopped onion, celery and bell pepper mix
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from two 32-oz cartons)
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 pouch boil-in-bag rice (from 14-oz box)
- Fresh thyme sprigs, if desired
Related recipes like Red Beans and Rice Soup
A smooth blended vegetable soup with blue cheese that's as good for a comforting meal as it is for a...
A smooth blended vegetable soup with blue cheese that's as good for a comforting meal as it is for a dinner party starter, from BBC Good Food. ... a few lumps to remain. Season with black pepper and serve. ... Asparagus soup with tartines. 3.75 .... Courgette, pea & pesto soup ... Marinated beetroot with grilled goat's cheese.
Sun-dried tomatoes and basil put a twist on the traditional hummus....
Sun dried tomatoes and basil put a twist on the traditional hummus. ... Beef · Chicken · Pasta · Pork · Salmon ... beans and tahini (sesame seed paste) seasoned with lemon juice and garlic. .... 2. Fruity Tuna Salad Recipe This amazingly good salad combines tuna, dates, celery, .... I also add chopped artichoke hearts!