Date & apple squares
A chewy, oaty tray bake with sticky dates and apples - bound to be a big hit.
Press half the mixture firmly into the tin, spread the apple mix on top and smooth over. Cover with the remaining oat mixture and press down. Bake for 30-35 mins until golden and firm. Cool...
- Yield: Makes 8
- Cooking time: 35 Min
- Rating: 5/5
- Publisher: Bbcgoodfood.com
- 225g butter Butter butt-errButter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an… , plus a little extra for greasing
- 140g cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 140g stoned date Date da-ateDates are one of the oldest cultivated fruits - it's thought that they were a staple part of… , chopped
- 280g light soft brown sugar
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda Bicarbonate of sodaBicarbonate of soda, or baking soda, is an alkali which is used to raise soda breads and full-…
- 100g porridge oat
Related recipes like Date & apple squares
Give your bangers a spring makeover with the addition of apple mash, comfort food doesn't get much b...
Fold in the apple, then serve with the sausages and onion gravy. Recipe from Good ... Sausage & stuffing toad in the hole with onion gravy. 4.75. (10 ratings).