Mum's Swedish Meatballs
Swedish meatballs covered in a rich sherry gravy are a crowd-pleasing dish everyone in the family will request for special occasions. Serve with rice.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the melted butter until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Place bread cubes in a bowl; pour 1/2 cup evaporated milk over bread cubes....
- Yield: 8
- Cooking time: 35 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 slices bread, cubed
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sherry
Related recipes like Mum's Swedish Meatballs
Spears of fried broccoli make a brilliant vehicle for transporting moreish sriracha mayonnaise into ...
Skillet dinner in just 30 minutes? Try this hearty one that gets a jump start from frozen meatballs....
1 3/4: cups Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32 oz carton). 1: cup uncooked orzo or rosamarina pasta (6 oz) ... Ground Beef Risotto ... I used ground Italian sausage instead of meatballs and my family enjoyed this dish! I also left out the ...