Mendi's Favorite Orzo
This is a fast, low budget and vegetarian friendly side dish, meal or potluck dish. It serves 2 as a meal and 4 as a side dish. Use pan drippings for added flavor.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the orzo pasta, and cook until al dente, 6 to 7 minutes; drain. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high...
- Yield: 4
- Cooking time: 10 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley