Brown Rice and Quinoa Sushi Rolls
Brown rice and quinoa give vegetarian sushi pieces an appealing heartiness and texture.
Rinse and drain brown rice and bring to a boil in a saucepan with water and a pinch of sea salt. Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and simmer rice for 30 minutes. Rice will not be dry. Meanwhile,...
- Yield: 4
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 2/3 cup short-grain brown rice
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin (Japanese sweet wine) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 4 sheets nori (dry seaweed)
- 1/2 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and cut into thin strips
Related recipes like Brown Rice and Quinoa Sushi Rolls
A meatless main dish or a tasty side to serve with your grilled meats, this lima bean, corn and quin...
3/4: cup uncooked quinoa. 1 1/2: cups water. 1: box (9 oz) frozen baby lima beans. 1: box (10 oz) frozen corn & butter sauce. 1: teaspoon paprika. 1/2: teaspoon ...