Tourtiere (Meat Pie)
A mixture of ground beef, ground pork, carrot, celery, potato for the savory wedded with spices like nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves for the sweet - meet a Tourtiere pie!
Brown beef and pork with onion and garlic in a large skillet. Drain and stir in 3/4 cup water, celery, carrot, bouillon and bay leaf. Simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat; remove from heat...
- Yield: 6
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 baking potato, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
Related recipes like Tourtiere (Meat Pie)
Enjoy this classic French recipe that’s baked using sherry, mustard and egg yolk, spooned into lob...
Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until lobster turns red and meat is slightly opaque. Immediately plunge lobster into cold water to stop cooking. (Lobster ... Lobster Bisque.
Put your slow cooker to work and prepare tender riblets coated in a sweet-and-spicy glaze. MORE+ LES...
No need for baby back ribs to be cut. My Wm has cut pork loin ribs. (These have a lot more meat and not such a hassle with the bones.) They taste just like baby ...