Miss Betty's 24 Hour Lettuce Salad
A dear friend shared her version of 24 hour salad with me. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Spread the lettuce out on a large serving dish or bowl. Sprinkle the onion, celery, water chestnuts and frozen peas (unthawed) over the lettuce in layers. Spread mayonnaise over the top like...
- Yield: 12
- Cooking time: 10 Min
- Publisher: Allrecipes.com
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 cup mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Related recipes like Miss Betty's 24 Hour Lettuce Salad
Get Cuervo® Margarita Chicken Salad (In lettuce cups) Recipe from Food Network...
Get Rachael Ray's Beef Tips with Mushroom, Sherry, Garlic and Butter-Almond-Citrus Rice Recipe from ...
This recipe makes quite a bit. Everyone I've prepared it for loves it. You can easily cut the recipe...
This easy salad is bright with flavor and can be a side or entrée. ... Roasted Vegetable Orzo Recipe Wonderful summer vegetables zucchini, summer squash, ...
An utterly simple and delicious way to celebrate the season's first new potatoes. Invented in the 18...
A tasty makeover for leftovers! How to Make Au Gratin Potatoes ... Chef John's Panzanella Recipe No more soggy bread salad! Chef John's recipe for simple ...