Cold Tomato Summer Vegetable Soup Recipe
Cold tomato vegetable soup, made with fresh, uncooked tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber, red bell pepper, celery, sweet onion, and garlic. Perfect for a hot summer day.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Use the additional tomato juice to thin the soup to desired consistency. Adjust seasonings to taste. Better the next day.
- Yield: Serves 8.
- Cooking time: 45 Min
- Publisher: Simplyrecipes.com
- 6 fresh, ripe tomatoes, seeds removed (cut tomatoes in half, squeeze out seeds into a sieve over a bowl to catch the juice, use the juice, discard the seeds), chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped fine
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 zucchini, chopped fine
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped fine
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups tomato juice (in addition to the juice made when you squeezed the tomatoes above)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano (or pinch of dry)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Hot sauce if needed
Related recipes like Cold Tomato Summer Vegetable Soup Recipe
View recipe photos of Cuban Marinated Steak posted by millions of cooks on Allrecipes.com...
View recipe photos of Cuban Marinated Steak posted by millions of cooks on Allrecipes.com.