Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Gumbo recipe from Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives
Directions Watch how to make this recipe. Add the salt and 1 gallon water to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the cactus and cook until it changes color, 5 to 7minutes. Strain the cactus...
- Yield: 10 to 20 servings
- Cooking time: 2 Hour 0 Min
- Publisher: Foodnetwork.com
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 pounds cactus, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil blend, plus more for sauteing
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- 1 1/2 cups diced green peppers
- 1 1/2 cups diced red peppers
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon garam marsala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups chopped, raw white meat chicken (2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 cups cooked shredded pork
Related recipes like Gumbo
"This dish will warm your heart on a cold day. I first had this at a friend's house in Louisiana and...
Sausage and shrimp gumbo is a nice twist on the classic Cajun stew ... 62. Andouille Sausage and Corn Chowder Recipe This is a slightly spicy, smoky, hearty ...
"This recipe has been in my family for many years. Delicious during cold winter nights."...
This family recipe for spicy shrimp gumbo ladled over hot cooked rice is a hearty and comforting dish to serve on cold winter nights. ... See Chef John's tasty version of spicy Thai chicken soup. Ham and ... Spicy Turkey Sweet Potato Gumbo. 9.