Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Almonds Recipe
Simple and delicious Brussels sprouts recipe with lightly steamed or boiled sprouts, mixed with sautéed onions, butter, and toasted almonds.
1 Parboil the brussels sprouts: Bring 2 quarts of salted water (1 Tbsp of salt) to a rolling boil. Add the brussels sprouts and parboil them for 3 minutes or until just tender. (You could also...
- Yield: Serves 6-8
- Cooking time: 00 Hour 15 Min
- Publisher: Simplyrecipes.com
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed of ragged or old-looking outer leaves
- 4-6 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds